If you are into any online business then stripe is one key end solution for all your problems related to the online business payments. It connects the customers to pay to business through a very easy way and it makes it easier for merchants to control their online business by creating and setting up an online payment processor to start accepting online payment from customers.
In general; Stripe is an online payment processing platform that allows businesses to send and receive payments over the internet and it is based in San Francisco, California.
Stripe has the world’s best companies preferring its payment processor such as Amazon, Shopify, Github, Spotify, Uber, TED, Reddit, and hundreds of many more top companies globally.
How Does it work?
Stripe allows a company to take credit card payments in seconds and directly transfer those payments into business bank accounts. Credit card payments, recurring payments, subscription billing, Apple Pay, Ali Pay, and many other payment modes are supported by Stripe.
Millions of firms of all sizes use the apps and APIs of Stripe to receive payments, transfer payments, and operate their businesses electronically, from start-ups to big corporations.
Stripe in India
Till 2017, Stripe was not providing its services in India but later on it put India in its beta program where we were allowed only to send payment through indian cards but were not allowed to accept national and international payments. And in this beta program there were many features of stripe which were not available for India. But a few months back only it has allowed Indian users to use all its features and all the process of registering to the setting up of it is very simple, easy and hassle free same as for the U.S.
As it has allowed to use every feature of stripe for indians users as well; it has opened several and easy use ways for business to do online business with its most powerful and easy to use APIs and it’s even easy to integrate the stripe payment processor and API to our platform without any need of large team spending days on integrating the processor for the functionality.
How to Sign-up for Stripe?
To start with the Stripe the first thing you need to do as a merchant is sign up for a Stripe Merchant Account to receive online or subscription payments from your customers. And to do so we have the step-by-step procedure on how to sign-up and create a stripe merchant account to get started with it.
Step-1: The first and foremost step is to Visit Stripe.com.
Step-2: After landing on the website, click start now or click here to continue with the process of registering with the Stripe.
Step-3: After reaching on the sign-up page fill all the necessary details in order to create an account.
Step-4: After successfully creating an account the next immediate thing that you need to do is verify your email address for the purpose of activating your account.
Step-5: once your email is verified click on the Activate your account button for the activation of your account.
Step-6: After clicking on the activate your account button now fill all the necessary details that are required to register your business.
- Business details
- Fulfillment details
- Credit card statement
- Bank details
- Two-step authentication
Make sure you have all of the details right. You need to wait 24 hours to activate your account after submitting your details. Depending on the verification process, it could take longer than 24 hours in a couple of cases.
So this was the easiest process for opening an account on stripe. After successfully opening an account on stripe; now it’s turn to accept payments.\
Accepting Payments on Stripe
It’s as easy as making a new account to accept credit cards or recurring payments on Stripe. There are currently three ways you can accept payments from your customers on Stripe.
- Creating an invoice on Stripe and sending it to your customers
- Using third-party integration
- Using Stripe Terminals
Creating an invoice on Stripe and sending it to your customers
Invoices, including the price, quantity and taxes, are one of the easiest ways to collect credit card payments on Stripe. Find out how to send your clients invoices and receive payments.
STEP 1- Open create an invoice page
STEP 2- Choose Add new customer and fill out all the details such as name, email, and description
STEP 3- Click Add customer
STEP 4- Enter the product description and amount that you want to charge
STEP 5- Click Send Invoice
STEP 6- Verify the email address and click on Send Invoice Again option
You can choose a third-party integration platform to accept payments without any code within your website or online store in this process.
A third-party Stripe Subscription App such as Paypal can be used and integrated with Stripe in minutes instead of weeks (without coding).
Features of third-party integration
- Create multi-plan subscription pages that can be customizable and embedded.
- Allow your customers, without any coding, to manage their subscription plans.
- Allow your users to access and manage their subscriptions themselves on their Stripe customer profiles.
- Let all the Stripe subscriptions be handled by your team in one place.
- To verify what works best, create A/B tests with various pricing pages.
With the help of Stripe Terminal, Stripe payments can be easily integrated into their existing POS (Point of Sale)on our website or mobile apps. Four main components that make up a Stripe Terminal deployment are:
- Web-based or Mobile Apps
- Stripe Terminal Reader
- Stripe Terminal SDKK
The countries where stripe offer its services; and to the customers where can deal with are:
Pricing and fees for Stripe
As long as you make less than $1 million a year, Stripe charges 2.9 percent + 30C for successful transactions. Recurrent charges are one of the benefits of using Stripe, and refunds are free, unlike PayPal, where you need to pay the same $10 per month.
In helping a customer identify taxable and non-taxable income, a receipt plays a critical role. Stripe sends an automatic email receipt to the customers after each successful transaction. In your email receipt settings, you can enable the feature.
Benefits of Stripe for Businesses
It can be tricky to choose the right payment gateway for your online business, especially if you are in the subscription niche where recurring payments, customer lifecycle management, PCI compliance, multiple gateways, dunning management, and many other things need to be handled.
For many subscription companies, Stripe made it easier to set up subscription billing and receive recurring payments with documentation and docs for development. You may not realise how important the development docs are to a developer whose job is to integrate payment gateways to a website or app using these docs.
Stripe got a lot of love from developers because in just two days it was possible to perform tasks that would take three weeks to a month. There are many other advantages to your company using Stripe, such as:
- Secure transactions: Stripe security servers help to securely process the payments without the risk of leaking customer information.
- Checkout experience: Stripe provides your website with a seamless checkout experience that could result in higher conversion rates and more sales. One of the important advantages of using Stripe for your online e-commerce store or site is that when making a payment, it allows users to stay on your site instead of being redirected to another website.
- Recurring Payments: When using it for your subscription business, Stripe is a much more powerful alternative compared to any other subscription management platform. It allows you to set up recurring payments, delayed payment trial periods, and offer discounts and coupons to customers. It has one of the best reminder systems for payments and tonnes of other amazing features.
- International Payments: In the native currency of your customer, Stripe can process international payments and save conversion fees for them. In more than 39 countries, Stripe is currently available, and you can accept more than 135 currencies.You can use Checkya Stripe Fee Calculator to compute the transaction fee when you are invoicing your clients.
- Easy to Integrate, Setup, and Maintain- To integrate Stripe into your website, you don’t need to know anything about coding. A little bit of computer knowledge can do the job, such as copying and pasting stuff from one file to another.
So if you are also thinking of creating an account on stripe; then do make it as Stripe can handle thousands of transactions in a minute, and it supports its customers with various payment options. All debit cards and credit card transactions are supported globally and many digital wallets, such as Apple Pay and AliPay, are also supported.
Stripe’s easy-to-use API allows developers to integrate it and accept online payments on their website. In Stripe, the credit card and ACH processing fees are also low. Stripe will take care of subscribing, receiving payments, creating invoices, and fraud detection features.