Note: Downloading the copyright content, cracked games, and cracked software from torrents is prohibited. You may be charged a fine, penalties can be extremely high or jail if you are caught by doing this illegally, it can be anything totally depends on the circumstances. So, check your local laws and regulation before using this.
Are you looking to create and upload your first torrent? You have come to the right place. Torrents are the most popular and the best way to share large files without waiting too much. The size of the sharing file and file type does not discriminate, so you can share anything as long as you want, without worrying about the file type and file size. Today, we will know the step-by-step process for creating and uploading torrents.
Keep on reading.
Benefits of Torrent:
- You can easily find and download torrent files.
- It allows users to download large files in a fast and convenient way.
- No need to restart from scratch, when you are suddenly disconnected from the internet or your laptop/PC shuts down/restart. You will be able to complete the download when you’re back online.
Before creating and uploading let’s check out the resources that you need. The first one is Bittorrent or any other torrent client. The second one you need is WinZip or any file Compression software and the last one is an internet connection to start seeding.
Steps to create a Torrent File
Before uploading you need to create a torrent via torrent client. You can find many torrent clients named uTorrent, BitTorrent, Deluge, qBittorrent, etc. You can choose any torrent client according to your choice as the process of creating a torrent is pretty much the same as that of the client you choose.
As an example, here’s how to create a torrent file with uTorrent.
- Start your torrent client.
- Now go to File> Create New Torrent which is located in the top left corner.
- Then, you need to click on ‘Add File’ or ‘Add Directory ’. If you want to share a single file then you have to click on ‘Add File’ else you can click on the ‘Add Directory’ for multiple files which are located within a single folder.
- Next, navigate to the file or directory and then click on ‘Open’ in the bottom-right corner for confirmation. If you are browsing for a directory, then tap on ‘Add Directory’.
- Then, you need to add tracker URLs. By default, in the uTorrent you will see two or more trackers that are fine, if you just want to share with someone you know. And if you want to share to someone to a popular site then you need to do a search on google for example The Pirate Bay which is torrent repository in this case you need to search on Google about TBP’s current URL.
- There will be more info such as comments, similar torrents, RSS, etc. though you don’t need to fill these fields. If you are sharing something sensitive then you can create a private torrent.
- Finally, you have to click on ‘Create’. Choose where you want to save the Torrent and click ’Save’.
- Once you have created the torrent, keep in mind that you are the first seeder and it means that you need to keep your uTorrent open and ensure that you are seeding it.
Steps to upload torrent
After the creation of a Torrent file, you can send it to those you want to. They can be able to use it by adding the file to uTorrent, which will start to download that file immediately. You can upload your Torrent and make it usable to everyone. Let’s see how it can be done.
- Now we will see how to upload your Torrent to The Pirate Bay which is a very popular Torrent repository. In your web browser open The Pirate Bay.
- First of all you need to make sure to register for a new account by tapping ‘Register’. Fill out all the required information and submit it. After that, check your email to confirm your new account.
- Now return to the Homepage of The Pirate Bay and click on ‘Login’ and enter your new credentials and access this website.
- As you have accessed your account, click on ‘Upload Torrent’ at the bottom of the page.
- At last, fill out the needed information. Now you need to upload a newly created torrent file, enter a name, category and description. Once you are done with that click on ‘Add to Index’. And then your torrent will be accessible to everyone.
- Once again, make sure that uTorrent is open and you are seeding the newly created Torrent. It will ensure that others can access it and download it to their device and become seeders too.
Hopefully, you will understand how to create and upload your Torrent with the steps given above. Always remember not to upload cracked content. Your files will be untouched and it will remain the same because it is only being copied not moved to other computers.