Usually, an exchange to Office is seen at big organizations and the people have to decide for themselves about it. But you may need to shift your mailbox to Office 365 one day, use this article as a reference and do it.
So, if you are an end-user and looking to export your Mailbox to Office 365, here is how you can do it.
There are two methods to export Mailbox to PST and we will look at both of them. And then we can use that PST file and upload it to Office 365.
Export Mailbox to PST using the Outlook
Well, this method only works when you are using the Outlook on desktop computers and the steps listed here may vary from the versions of Outlook you have installed on your devices.
Use these steps to Export the Mailbox to PST file in Outlook versions 2016 and 2013.
- Open the Outlook 2016 or 2013 and click on the File menu from the top ribbon and choose Open & Export. Then, you have to click on the Import/Export option from the right menu.
- Now, select Export to a File option from the pop-up window and click Next.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’ option and then click Next.
- Then, you would need to select the Folder to be exported to the new file and then click Next.
- Now, you have to select the destination to save the newly created PST file.
- Now, you need to click on the Export button to start the process.
The same way you can import the PST file to Outlook using the same steps, choose ‘Import from another program or file’ option in step two and go from there.
An advanced way to export the Mailbox to PST file
The more subtle way to do this is by using the Shoviv Exchange migration tool. This tool offers to save the Exchange mailbox data into a new PST file and later restoring the PST file to Office 365.
So, if you want to conduct themigration safely and easily, you should use a tool like the Shoviv Exchange Migration tool. This tool comes with many salient features, go and have a look at them. They also offer a trial version of the product to assure the efficiency and effectiveness of the product.
It supports all items types for the Exchange server, Outlook, and Office 365. They have a table that lists the supported types of items, on their website. Go and have proper look at the features and item types on their website.
The process to convert is pretty simple, you just open the tool and browse the mailbox and start performing the conversion.
Once, you have the PST file, you can upload it directly using Azure AzCopy to Office 365. Download and install the tool and provide all the details of the Office 365 account. Then follow a few simple steps to complete the process.
- Copy the SAS URL to know the necessary information to import the PST file.
- Upload the PST files to your Office 365 account and create a PST mapping file.
- Then start the import job in Office 365 and start the process of importing items.
Now, you have successfully exported mailbox data to Office 365. If you want to convert only PST to Office 365 mailbox. Use Shoviv PST to Office 365 Converter tool to convert Outlook PST to Offi